Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Email Response from Alyson in Chengdu

"Michele
Yes, it really is different being in the middle of this! It was hard to read Jenny's latest post. Though not as deep as the child she mentioned, I also feel guilty for surviving unscathed, with some relatively minor inconveniences to my life. It has been amazing to witness what has gone on to get aid to victims! I am in admiration.

We helped gather some supplies for a few days for Half the Sky. It was so minor compared to everything else that was gathered, but it helped the 3 of our China-daughter families to be contributing in some way. And I feel that our help was two-fold, since many of our friends donated to HTS since there was that personal connection.

Actually I have been emailing Patricia about the torch run that Jenny is scheduled for! She is supposed to run in Chongqing in 2 weeks, so I am hoping that we can go, since it is so close! I think it would be such a unique experience for us. Alyson"

No comments: