Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Changing of the Masks

Every time these dancers would hit their face their mask would change!!!! It was so cool.

Then as my Mom and I were minding our own business, watching the show, all of I feel hot flames on my lap and see this ball of fire flash before my eyes, not once but three times!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it was a little scary.


The view of the outside of the tea house. Once we arrived at the show we learned that our guide would be leaving and that meant that my Mom and I would have to flag a taxi down, tell them where we needed to go and ride in a taxi again! We were pretty scared since the show was over after dark. As soon as we stepped into the taxi my Mom said, "I don't like this." I said to her, "what did you say?" She replied, "nothing." I heard her loud and clear.

Mind you there are no seat belts in most cars, none in this taxi. As soon as my Mom shuts the door we are off with a non speaking English taxi driver......All four windows are rolled down and our hair is flapping in the wind as we hurl through Chengdu......As he steps on the gas and we hold on for dear life!!! I wonder to my self, do they do this on purpose??

Who needs Nascar when you have Taxi Cars in Chengdu!!

I don't regret going to the tea house but I did not like having to get back to the hotel by our selves. I prefer the small mini van we have been riding in this week. The idea of more time surrounding me brings me comfort.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the culture looks beautiful and interesting and inspiring.. you guys will have great stories to tell your daughters!