Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tagged Fun Denises Meme and Beccas 4 Things

My new friend Denise has tagged me and since I need a brake from running around, packing and stressing I thought this would be fun!

*For those of you who are not bloggers, you probably don't "get" this, but it helps us all get to know one another. (I also thought it would be fun for Sophie to have this in her scrap book about me, her Mom, boy do I like the sound of that.)

Favorite person (outside of family): Our Dog, does that count?

Favorite food? Italian and Chinese

Quirks about you? I make a mess around the bathroom sink with water.

How would the person who loves you the most describe you in ten words or less? Loyal, friendly, athletic.

Any regrets in life? No. Try not to question why.

Favorite charity or cause? Half the Sky and The American Heart Association.

Favorite blog recently? Half the Sky

Something you cannot get enough of? My running work outs (trying to get back into it. Today I made it to 4.7 and had to walk the 0.3 more to reach five miles, my goal. It has been hard the past three weeks to get back into the groove again so I am so happy that I am before going to China.) And emails from Half the Sky about updates on our daughter Sophie.

What job would you pay NOT to have? Garbage Pick Up Crew

Favorite Bible verse right now? Come to me and rest in my loving presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you - now and always. Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur. Do not multiply your suffering in this way! Instead, come to me and relax in my peace. I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust. (Matthew 11:28-30; Joshua 1:5,

I found this bible verse on Shana's blog. She got it from Kim. It hits so close to home right now!

Guilty pleasure? Blogging, Chocolate, and The Bachelor or Bachelorette (spelling).

Got any confessions? No

If you had to spend $1000 on yourself, how would you spend it? An all day trip to a luxury spa and shopping.

Favorite thing about your house? I feel so blessed with the neighbors that we have. It is such a nice community of people with a school park a bike ride away, walking trail and friends living not too far away.

Least favorite thing about your house? We don't have Sophie here right now with us.

One thing you are good at? Athletics.

If you could change one thing about your circumstances, what? We were in China right now.

Who would you like to meet someday? Simone and Sophies Birth Mother and Birth Father and any Birth Relatives.

Blogger convention anyone? No

What makes you feel sexy? When I an outfit looks good or being with my hubby.

Who is your real life hero? My Dad, My Mom, My Brother and My Husband. Not just for being my parents...My Dad because he is a Marine and for my Mom's commitment to Faith....My little brother because he is a Police Officer, enough said. My Husband for being him.

What is the hardest part of your job? Report card time.

When are you most relaxed? In the morning, after I wake up.

What stresses you out? My To Do List.

What can you not live without? Water and my family.

Do you agree with the recent article that blogs are authored by narcissists? No, just happy to share our life with family and friends that live far away. It is a modern way to scrap book and since most people enjoy technology it works well. See next question for more.

Why do you blog? To record our journey for our daughters, keep family and friends updated that live far away, share our story with others that are wanting/have adopted and to learn from others.

Who are you tagging?
New/newer bloggers-Jenn and Tami

Bloggy friends- Becca, Kimi, Beth and Jessica

Bloggers you'd like to get to know better- Denise, and Kim

Bloggers who you don't think will respond but you hope will- Emily (because I know she is so busy), (Andrea I would be tagging you but we already did this on my other blog), Roxx because I don't think I can leave this comment on your blog?)

Rules:
1. Answer the questions.
2. Link back to who tagged you.
3. Tag 8 bloggers in the above categories to do the same.

Below is a tag that I got from Becca. So I am also putting it on this post.

4 things...
(A) Four places I go to over and over:
1-School (I am a PE teacher)
2-my garage (for the tred mill work out)
3-My laundry room
4-Target

(B) Four people who e-mail me (regularly ):
1-Becca
2-Rachel
3-Jeni
4-Cami

(C) Four of my favorite places to eat:
1-my husbands kitchen
2- Legin's Dim Sum
3- Olive Garden
4- My step Mom Lina's Kitchen which I do not get to do often

(D) Four places I would rather be right now:
1-In Chengdu with Sophie, Rick, Simone and my Mom
2 -On a beach, where it is warm
3-Relaxing
4-Visiting family

(E) Four TV shows I watch over and over:
1-bachelor
2- Learning Chinese with Mei Mei (DVD)
3 - Dancing and Singing With Mei Mei (DVD)
4- Brother and Sisters

No comments: