Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We Received Our Travel Approval Today

Today when I arrived at school I told my principal and two sectaries that I might be receiving a phone call today about our TA (Travel Approval). I asked them to let me know when it comes through. They called me on my radio but I did not hear it so I did not think it was me....a few minutes later I grabbed the radio and looked at it and thought....Maybe I should go check to see if my light was on my phone in my office...So I peaked and it was...That meant that there was a message on my phone. I asked my class to sit down real quick so I could check the message and it was.....I had to wait until class was over to call back!
Here is the first email:
"Hi Michele, We got your travel notice! Please give me a call when you can to talk about the travel dates. Congratulations! "

Then I talked with my adoption coordinator on my lunch. They sent in our US Consulate Appointment request and should find out in two to three days. Then we should be able to purchase tickets although they told us we might have some problems with flights...See the second email below. We do feel blessed though because out of five families only three of us got our Travel Approval today which is not usually normal.
"Hi Michele, I just spoke to _____ and he said SSIT in China reported that there have been many cancelled flights to and from Sichuan. We kindly ask your family to be flexible with the dates as it is possible that the provincial paperwork processing is delayed due to the uncertain conditions in Sichuan – things like your flight from Chengdu to Guangzhou, your consulate appointment and return flight back to the U.S. will be impacted. I also just faxed the appointment request to Guangzhou, will let you know once I hear back from them. Thank you"
We have been blessed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tami said...

WooHoo!!!

Desiree' said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful gift. I hope your CA gets scheduled quickly.

RamblingMother said...

yea!!!!