Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hold On!

I just can't stop thinking about Sophie!

I worry about her so much. I know they are taking good care of her. I can't stop thinking about what is going on on the campus where she lives. How many different things going on. Wondering if they are still living outside in the tent or is it now safe to go back inside? I am worrying about if their water supply is better, do they have enough diapers, mile, formula, blankets.....Are they warm, are the bugs eating at them......I just want to hold her in our arms and never let her go.

Hold on little Sophie we are almost there. We are praying to see in you a week or two at the most. We just hope and pray!

(I thought this photo would be fitting of Simone holding on to these links a few days after we became a family. This photo was taken around May 1st 2005. These were one of Simones most favorite toys for the first few months with us. Thanks to Bill and Nadine for sharing Lians toys with us. Simone was holding on to these with a firm grip, they comforted her in some way. We plan on bringing these for Sophie.)

In the mean time I found this passage on Shana's blog a couple of days ago which was from her friend Kim. It has been a while since some thing like this has hit me and just fits......I printed one for my purse and one for my office.

Come to me and rest in my loving presence. You know that this day will bring difficulties, and you are trying to think your way through those trials. As you anticipate what is ahead of you, you forget that I am with you - now and always. Rehearsing your troubles results in experiencing them many times, whereas you are meant to go through them only when they actually occur. Do not multiply your suffering in this way! Instead, come to me and relax in my peace. I will strengthen you and prepare you for this day, transforming your fear into confident trust. (Matthew 11:28-30; Joshua 1:5, 9)

That says it all!!!
So I am trying to pray and release all of my worries to God but it is so hard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele,

How often you have been in my thoughts and prayers in the days since I was aware your Sophie was in Chengdu! I remember wondering if I should operate a car after our referral for Jane, I was distracted at ALL times! This must magnify it beyond my comprehension! I am praying for your peace, her care, and for God Speed!

Desiree' said...

Found your blog, our waiting daughter is also in an earthquake affected SWI. The wait is so hard, not being able to help. We have sent moaquito netting and meds, but wish we could do so much more.Thanks for the scripture, needed that!!

rk said...

This post made me cry. Good cry.
Peace,
Roxx

Sandy H. said...

Michele,
know that we are praying for you and little Sophie. I am finding myself wanting so bad to go back and help, but I know I can't. My heart is breaking for everyone there and just thinking about Audrey's birth parents makes me cry.
Not much longer and you'll have your baby!

Hugs,
Sandy