Monday, May 12, 2008

Simone Talking To Jeni

"Thanks for the updated... I think Nix and I sat there for a little bit trying to see where it hit.. I finally looked at Nix and said Sophie is fine.. She has to be safe. The Houstons are the best people and God will hold Sophies hand till they get there.. She is fine, we are too close to the end.. I replayed my "one of many conversations" with Simone last night, Simone telling me that Sophie would be coming home in a few days, Long days Jeni.. She has a broken leg and needs a shot. Simone knows her sister is fine... Love You Guys.....--jen"

Above is the email that we received from Jeni. It cracks me up and brings a smile to my face.....TO give you a little back ground Simone had her four year old shots on Friday. Lets just say it was a pretty dramatic time. It melted our hearts when we heard "that Scream!" My Mom could even hear her in the waiting room.

We have also been talking with Simone about the fact that Sophie's feet do not work as fast as hers, she walks slowly and with a limp. We have also been talking a lot about how everyone needs to have shots and it does hurt....So I think that is why Simone told Jeni that she "has a broken leg and needs a shot."

Below are some more emails that we have received:

"Michele and Rick,I'm so happy to hear that Sophie's Orphanage is o.k. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been when you heard about the earthquake.Hope you have Sophie home soon! We cannot wait to meet her.Tracy W."

"Whew…. I am so glad, been thinking about Sophie all day!" (Erica)

"Phew! That is wonderful news!" (Katie)

"Michele~ Thanks for the update. You have been on my mind all day. I’m glad to hear that Sophie and the other children are okay. I pray for China right now as they recover from such a big tragedy. Your family is in my prayers as well as you prepare to travel to China and bring your daughter home. Let me know if there is anything I can do in the coming weeks. Love,
The Kirbys"


"Yea! Such good news! :) Of course our hearts still go out to others who are not as fortunate, but thank goodness for Sophie and the rest of her friends in China. I'm sure it was all very confusing and scary for the little ones, but soon she'll be in your loving arms! Hugs 'n Love, Marci"

"Michele, Our prayers are being answered! Know we love you and pray for you and your family every day! We will do anything for you! Love, Janet"

"Thank you. 18000 presumed dead, my word." (John)

"wheew xo" (Melissa)

"Great News! It is a Happy Birthday indeed!" (Cami)

"So glad to hear!! What a blessing that Sophie is connected with Half the Sky...now more than ever. What a relief to know she is safe. Nadine"

"I am so happy to hear that Sophie o.k.! You should betraveling soon! congratulations! We have been thinking about all of our "Ling" girls,three years ago this week since we got Lily! It hasbeen an amazing 3 years hasn't it? Laurette and Ken"


"We've been thinking about Sophie all day... Michele, please let us know if you hear anything. I'm going to go check your blog and keep checking it for details. We are praying that her orphanage is okay. I have been reading all the news articles I can find. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers! Jess & David & kids...."

"It sounds like all is OK, but will keep all of you in our prayers. Thanks for keeping us informed. Tom"

"Thanks for keeping us updated Michele! Your family and Sophie are in our hearts and prayers. What an awful catastrophe for so many, we are so relieved to hear Sophie is ok. Love, Jenn (W)"

"Thanks for sharing with me! You and ALL yours will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!!! Love, Jess (O)"

"Oh wow Michele, I had no idea (I don't watch the news & have been with a friend from Montana & not at work)! I am happy to hear Sophie is safe! Thinking of you! XOXO, Jen"

"Gracias a Dios!! She is okay. Thank you so much for the update.
Maria"

No comments: