Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sophie Wei is in Surgery

We have been here at Dornbeckers since around 7:10 am. Rick, Sophie Wei, My Mom and I arrived. Sophie Wei bonked her head on the ceramic floor after trying to fall down on her folded blanket for fun. She now has a big shiner on her forehead.

Simone went to Rachel and Brian's house to be with Holt. Rachel then took her to preschool. She was such a good, sweet girl when we brought her to their house. I was ready for her to fuss and cry but she was excited to be there which made it easier. On the way to their house Simone said, "This is a Great Story. I love Julia (Julia is a friend from preschool who also is adopted from China.)"

Becca arrived just before Sophie Wei went in and shortly after she had her sip of comfort medicine. Becca will be going to pick Simone up from preschool when Sophie Wei is ready.

Everyone here is WONDERFUL! When the surgical nurse started to explain how we would be able to walk her to the Surgery Room I started to cry and worked so hard to stop by taking deep breaths because I did not want to upset Sophie Wei. I also was pushing on my eyes, by doing so I messed up my right contact. So when the Medical Student Resident came in he probably was thinking and wondering what I was doing to my eye. The Surgery Nurse Danielle was holding Sophie We as she visited with us.

Sophie Wei started to scream and cry as they walked her away. The nurse reminds me nicely to not let her seem me upset because it will make it worse for her.

We visited with two families. They are so kind and friendly. One is here for their 4 year old son to have his cleft palate fixed, hopefully for the last time and the other has a sweet little girl who is 2 that is allergic to food, eats by a feeding tub and is having more testing done (they just left and the Mom was crying as she is walking out. I just want to go and give her a BIG HUG!!!)

Sophie Wei went in around 10:15 am. We received a phone call update from the Surgical Nurse at Noon that they started the surgery part around twenty minutes ago. She is doing ok. I might post more later tonight?

Keep the prayers going.

Love Michele and Rick

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Please update when you can. I feel so anxious for you, Michele. You are such a WONDERFUL mommy! We are praying for Sophie Wei every step of the way.

Denise said...

Looking forward to an update...hugs!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I've been praying...anxious to hear more.
Robbie

Adalie said...

Thinking about you and praying for fast healing for little Miss Sophie...
Kara