Friday, September 12, 2008

Quick Update

Sophie went to sleep around 8:30.

It has been a much, Much better afternoon.

We went to sleep at 9:15 after she had falling into a deeper sleep, waiting just to make sure she was ok.

Rick woke up with her around eleven. Vital check around midnight, Sophie Wei still up.

I take over at 1am so Rick can sleep a little, Sophie Wei still awake. I have been here with her watching Singing and Dancing with Mei Mei....over and over again but that is fine with me because she is sleeping. It is now 4 am. I went out to get some hot tea around thirty minutes ago and the nurse asked about her and I told her she was still awake. She came in to give her some strong teylenol and the other nurse checked her vitals again. She has been fussing, around a three on a scale of ten. Yesterday, last night and this morning was around a 100 on a scale of 10....I did just almost ask them to push the button for the extra meds but she just went back to sleep....Oh, I hope she can sleep, she needs it so much!!!!!!

There is talk of possible going home on Saturday? Her Doctor came by this afternoon and said he will take her epidural out tomorrow some time because someone else said it would be hard and they might need to split the cast to do it. He said that he will take care of it so that was comforting.

The truth is this has been the hardest thing in my life. Robbie has assured me that it will get better. This is just my opinion but if I could help any other family that is going to go through this same thing is just to hang in there and pray.

Having our daughter that we love so much bite, hit, pintch, scratch, scream even though her voice is gone and watch little eyes look at us saying please help me is so painful. It is so hard to even write about. Watching her itch her self like crazy made is hard too. Especially with her right hand that has her iv going into it. She does have engough room to suck her favorite fingers though! The itching is a side affect from the meds.

We have been meeting so many wonderful families here and learning about their stories. Each one is unique and special. Looking into other families eyes there becomes this unspeakable bond, understanding and love for a stranger that I never have known before. Rickey left today as he bounced back from his surgery fast and his Mom Katie came over to give me her contact information and I can't wait to catch up after all of this is over.

I need to get to sleep now. It has been almost fifteen minutes. I think I am safe to get a little bit more sleep.

We are starting to also get more confident in moving Sophie Wei. Both Rick and I are more affraid of messing up all of the wires that are attached to her, still.

Please pray that her bone graft continues to stay connected, hip stays in place and her femur grows together with out problems and that the plate does not bother her.

We received this email from our friend Sue and it brought tears to my eyes as they all do when we read the emails or comments. Thank you all so very much. We will be saving them for Sophie Wei to read when she is older so she knows how much she is loved. For my new blogger friends that have posted for the first time, thank you too and can't wait to read your blogs when Sophie Wei is doing much better.

Here is Sue's email:
"God tells us "be still and know that I am God". He is in control and created and loved Sophie from the very start. He has a plan for her life and has promised to be with her every step of the way. Wow, and then she has all of you that love her to pieces! She will be in a cloud of love throughout this whole process and what more could one ask for. Praying you all have moments of peace today and that you are comforted by little acts of love"

Enough said.

I miss our little Simone. She has been such a big trooper through all of this. My heart aches as I look at her confused face and then at the same time see her playing happily in the outside play court yard. We are so thankful that our girls have each other. Simone has been so good and so flexible, more than we could ask for.
No time for spell check, I need my sleep. Once again thank you everyone. The love and prayers are felt......It has been twenty one minutes of sleep for Sophie Wei so I think I am in the clear to go to bed. better take time for it what the opportunity arises.

Time to go say my prayers and be thankful.

4 comments:

"A Small Gift, but Well-Timed" said...

Hi,
Know that you are all being prayed for. I know God knew you were the perfect place for Sophie to land and find her forever family. He chose YOU to be her parents. She is blessed! There are NO accidents in how all of this is playing itself out. You are strong and courageous and God knows you can handle this with His strength. Cling to His strength. I pray that you feel His love and protection surrounding you. YOU ARE LOVED!
Love, Beth

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Tomorrow will be better than today. And, eventually, the cast will just be part of her. Ellie has blown me out of the water with her resilience.
I hope you've had a chance to get a little sleep.
More prayers,
Robbie

Anonymous said...

I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going thru with watching your little girl hurt, dealing with the emotions but in the end her being so very, very brave. She could not have better parents to be there with her and loving her. I pray for a speedy recovery and healing.
Love to all,
Jessica Moore

julia @say you will love me forever said...

Michele,

I just checked your blog for the first time this week. I didn't know Sophie's surgery was this week. My goodness, I can't imagine how you feel. I had a hard enough time seeing Nathan in pain from having his tonsils and adnoids out.

I sent a few small gifts for you on Monday (the ones I have had sitting here for months). Looks like it ended up being good timing. Well, bad that you are in the hospital, but good that you'll have a nice surprise waiting for you at home!

We'll be praying that Sophie has less pain and you both get more sleep. Lots of love! julia.