Monday, September 15, 2008

Adjustment At Home

Coming home is a blessing but hard all over again. Sophie Wei wants to slide on out of our laps and go play. She is even saying, "walk." It is an adjustment and we are trying to figure out how to work things at home.

My Mother In Law Maureen and Nephew Brandon came up to visit and help on Sunday. That was nice and Simone stuck to Brandon like glue, she adores him.

Today Becca and Sara came over to help and my Mom arrived this evening for two days to help us figure this out.

Sophie Wei is doing well with her medicine. Her speech has regressed and she does a lot of whining, etc. but that is to be expected. She is also having some anxiety when ever Rick or I leave the room.

Rick brought out our baby stroller that we had for Simone and that works well for Sophie Wei to sit in and we are able to put the safety belts around her. We also do a lot of carrying her around and making sure her foot is elevated, etc.

This is very hard, I do a lot of crying.........Well all of the girls in our house are......We are thankful though because this too shall pass in time. It just does not seem like it right now.

We see our surgeon on Friday morning for a check up. We pray that Sophie Wei is healing well. One of the nurses told us that she because she had her bones worked on it takes a little longer for recovery.

I better get some sleep while I can. Sorry there will not be many updates right as of now because we are so busy taking care of our little ones. Sorry this update is so late but that is because I have had no time to do so. We did not mean to worry anyone.

Once again thank you everyone for your emails and prayers. Sorry I have not responded to them all but I am sure you understand.

One thing I know for sure is that this experience has changed me in more ways then one, for the better........that will be another post some day.

9 comments:

julia @say you will love me forever said...

Michele,
I'm glad you are all home now. I'll be praying for all of you! julia.

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to leave a note to let you know how much you all have been on my mind. i have been thinking of you all and what you are going through... praying everyone will come through and be happy and healthy. my mom has always told me "if God will bring you to it, He will bring you through it."

love you! kimi

Christopher said...

Oh, Houston's how I miss you soo! I am so glad to hear that all is going well and that you are back at home. I am sorry I haven't called I have been a little overwhelmed with new work and school. I am so excited to hear more about Sophia's progress. Anything I can do, send, or help out with please let me know! Love you guys!

christopher

rk said...

M,

Your heart is our heart. Do what you need to do. Your mommy heart is what matters to us most. Your updates are generous and we love you. While you are entering recovery, my our Lord retore your family and heal your daughter, and hold you all closely.

Bless you,
Roxx

Stefanie said...

So sorry to hear things are tough right now... I know how that feels! Hoping that Sophie Wei heals quickly and is back to herself soon :)
P.S. It probably was us in China, did you comment on the MaiTai carrier I was wearing? You should've said hello! :)

Anonymous said...

Houston Family,
I have been thinking about you every day and praying that all is going well with Sophie's recovery. Give a round of hugs and kisses for me.
xxxooo
Jessica Moore

Amber said...

Michelle,
I keep thinking about you and your family. I hope all is going well. Have you decided what you are going to do for daycare? Let me know if you need anything.
Amber

Unknown said...

Hello Michele and Rick,
Our prayers are very much with you. We sure wish we could be there to help in your time of need although I know Sophie could not be in better hands than yours. You two are truly blessed and God will see you through, just keep your head up and remember to smile. It is almost impossible to feel bad when you have a smile on your face. Try it and you will see. We love you guys and thank you for the blogs.
Tom and Leah

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

I continue to think of you. I hope all is going well and hope to hear from you soon.
Robbie