Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Update

This is how it goes during the day....Sophie Wei does not sit still for long so that means that I have to pick her up and hold her often which is starting to hurt my right arm and wrist. I don't mind but it is so exhausting. I am borrowing a wrist brace from my friend Sue to help my arm and wrist out.

We use a lot of manipulative for fun and go for a lot of walks!! (Thank goodness it still has been nice here.) She does not prefer any type of movies either in English or Chinese so that does not help, I wish is would. She seems to be falling in love with Elmo!! We hope :O)

I just found a cool new craft/toy at Target called Pop Beads by Parents Magazine. Both girls love them although it is a little hard for Sophie Wei to snap them together because her fine motor development skills are about a year behind. I also get a brake when we drive Simone to preschool.

Why this is so hard is because Sophie Wei's attention span is around 5-10 minutes. She is one busy girl who likes to throw any object (I would be surprised if she does not go out for softball, ha-ha.)

Sophie Wei is still not sleeping well at night and it will be three weeks since the surgery tomorrow!!!!

Rick and I have been talking a lot about what might be going on. I also emailed our social worker for help. (Post to come about that.) Granted we did just adopt her three months ago.....We are thinking that part of her terrors, etc. at night is the adjustment from the surgery/cast and the adoption. She wakes up screaming often and it takes a long time for her to settle down. The episodes are coming farther apart though so that is a blessing. My heart goes out to her.

This is still the hardest thing I have ever done. Still doing a lot of praying, thinking, crying and trying to make sure I keep my head up so Sophie Wei does not sense it but some times I don't mind letting her see me cry, etc.

I hope to post photos at some point but no time for that and I wanted to update everyone. Thanks for checking in.

xoxo US

1 comment:

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Oh, Michelle, I think of you often, and I remember, not just how hard surgery was for Ellie, but how hard adjustment was for us all when Ellie had only been home for 3 months. It can all be so emotionally overwhelming, the adjustment to family and the adjustment to medical conditions. I was so overwhelmed at times.

But... I am reminded over and over again that God brought us together, and I can look back at Ellie's story and KNOW that He has guided our steps.

God's way is the perfect way, the Way, the Truth, the Life. It can be hard though, and know that I know that this new life for you can be hard.

But, just today, I thought of how much easier it all is...most of the time.

Please let me know if I can help. More prayers coming,
Robbie