Thursday, October 23, 2008

Bubbles and One Night Left

Sophie Wei slept the best she has ever for me. When I went into her room to sleep on Simone's bed I quietly layed down and opened my book, turned on my flashlight and I hear very softley, "Mommy..........MOMMY." I say to her, "Sophie, Mommy's hear time to go to sleep." Then not another peep until 3:30 am!! SIX HOURS of her sleeping and tossing and turning, without needing me to hold her. PROGRESS. From 3:30 on I changed her diaper twice and layed her in bed with me while she slept on my arm. If I moved my arm she fussed so I tried not to move which caused me to have a few kinks but I will do any thing for sleep :O) By 4:45 am she was saying, "GO" to me which means she is finished sleeping so I just get up and go down stairs with her for breakfast and another ELMO DVD.

This is her last night tonight in her SPICA cast. We are all very excited and have been showing her photos from my friend Robbies blog so she can see what will happen tomorrow when the doctor takes her cast off. I know these photos are helping Simone and she can't wait!
These photos are from today. I have been picking up my camera more these last few days, making sure I have plenty of pictures with Sophie Wei in her Spica Cast along with videos.

Our friends Lisa, Ally and Abi brought by some Halloween bubbles, a card and a worm. I let Sophie Wei go for the bubbles, first time since before her cast was on. She loved it and I did not care because today was the last day in the cast!! It also has a very stinky smell to it so maybe this might spruse it up a bit. Thanks for the fun girls.
Oh the worm....Lisa also brought a slimmy, long fake worm for the girls. When Rick pulled into the drive way Simone had her back to him. Just as she saw him coming she held up her worm to show him and he jumped so high because he thought it was a snake!! I felt so bad because I know how he is about snakes but to him it was so real looking and dark and the way it moved as Simone turned around he thought it was a snake. Sorry Daddy.....
Sophie Wei had a blast...What a different girl this afternoon!!

I will NEVER forget this cast and all it stands for! I can not wait for Sophie Wei's next step and pray her body is healing and will continue to heal!
While rolling around in the grass Simone rolled onto the sidewalk and hurt her toe. She wanted me to take a photo of it. Ouch!
I can't wait for tomorrow. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I know we have a bit to go with recovery but it seems like it will be better than what we have been through already??? I have so many questions for tomorrow.......How did the Acetabulum form, how does the femur head look, how does the plates and screws look in the femur, when do they come out and how, weight baring instructions, skin recovery and back to her club feet recovery (when do we start the brace again. I am so worried that she will regress with this due not having the bar on for so long now and the fact we had to wait a month for it to come in after we came home from China.)......That's just a few of my questions for now. I have to go over our list and get ready for tomorrow. I will try to post tomorrow to let everyone know how it went.

I also can't wait to order our copies of the xrays!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know how it goes tommorrow I am so excited for you I check everyday to see how things are going,hopefully you will get to sleep again soon I can relate but it is all so worth it, kids are so precious its amazing what we can do for them:) You are such a strong and wonderful mother!!!

Anonymous said...

Let me know how you guys are doing. I am so excited for you to finally be through what I am sure at first seemed so long. You are such a wonderful Mother and sleep is coming soon!!!

Tracy Ann said...

Yeah! That's great news. Hope everything goes well. Love the pumpkin patch pictures. Such pretty girls.

rk said...

Please come visit my blog. I have named you one of my Honest Blogs!
xoxo,
Roxx