Saturday, October 18, 2008

Treasures from Friends at School

Over a week ago my friends at the Elementary School where I teach put together two big baskets for us!!! They also gifted us money so we could purchase more poise pads, wet wipes and food. We are extremely grateful for the help and feel so blessed to have so many friends that are helping us through this time. So far we have gone through over 200 Poise Pads and they are so expensive.

There are so many things in baskets to keep us busy while Sophie Wei is in her Spica Cast. We have things that are borrowed so they are labeled so we can return them after we are finished and things that have been gifted to us. WHAT A GREAT IDEA because Sophie Wei's attention span is so short that having new things to look or play with has been great.

Here is a list of some of the things that are in the basket:
Books, movies, puzzles, crafts, stickers, games, manipulative activities, sorting objects, shapes, foam sheets, dvds, books on tapes, stuffed animal, silly jumping dog, phonics books.

They have been a blessing to our family. I LOVE MY FRIENDS!

I was also so blessed to have my friend Andrea M. go to Costco to help us with our shopping. They same day that she came over we had Rachel, Lauren and Jake over in the morning and Rachel even did my dishes for me :O)

After Rachel, Lauren and Jake left and while we were still visiting with
Andrea, Ellie and Easton, Simone had a big melt down/crying fit. She had just reached her melting point and just needed me to hold her for a bit. Sophie Wei left Andrea hold her which she normally does not let many other people hold her so I felt so relieved so I could help Simone. I think I would of just cried if I was home by myself as Simone was in that bad of a mood. I was able to hold Simone for a while and then put a movie in for her. This was good because Simone has not really had the attention that she has needed in the last few weeks so we have been more intentional with making sure she has time with us and have been taking her out for one on one time.

We are so blessed with such good friends!!

No comments: