Friday, July 04, 2008

Fourth of July

We started our day with a slow morning and then lunch at a local park with our friends Lisa, Craig, Ally and Abi. We had such a great time.

When we first arrived at the park the Undercover Area was filled with a large group of people. When I first saw them my heart sunk because I was thinking that we were not going to have as much fun with this large group there too. But we did and they were nice. The children from that group also had very good manners and were friendly.

It lightly rained off and on but then cleared up with a sunny sky.

I am so thankful for Lisa because she brought her camera and I forgot mine. Thanks Lisa for these photos above.

Later that afternoon we played around the house and in the front yard. Here is Sophie Wei below running away from me as I sit on the front porch. I was trying to get photos of her and she thought it was funny to run away.

Simone enjoyed playing with the sidewalk chalk. Happy First Fourth of July Sophie Wei!!!

We forgot to turn up our time on the sprinklers when it started getting really hot outside so part of our yard was burnt. This happens because there is not a lot of top soil in the front. Rick was trying to save other parts of it withe the hand sprinkler and also turned up the time on the sprinkler system, we hope that helps. We hope to some day redo the front yard and landscape/widen the driveway on one side but that will be a while.

This is what the girls like to do when Rick goes into the bathroom. It cracks me up and I had to get photos of it. They knock on the door and put their fingers underneath the door.

No comments: