Thursday, July 17, 2008

Certification Of Citizenship Arrives

Ever since I saw my blogger friend Sharon post about her daughters Certification of Citizenship coming in the mail I have been checking for Sophie Wei's every day since then knowing that ours should not be too far behind since we are a few weeks behind their time line........I am sure the mail person has been very happy with us since I have been checking the mail EVERYDAY waiting for it!! Not that I ever thought it was not coming but because there is nothing like seeing the document and having it in our hands and it means so much for Sophie Wei.

Good news, today Sophie Wei received her Certification Of Citizenship and letter from the White House in the mail today.

Here is what the letter said, same as Simone's. Special day for us!!

"Dear Fellow American,


I am pleased to congratulate you on becoming a United States citizen. You are now a part of a great and blessed nation. I know your family and friends are proud of you on this special day.

Americans are united across the generations by grand and enduring ideals. The grandest of these ideals is an unfolding promise that everyone belongs, that everyone deserves a chance, and that no insignificant person was ever born. Our country has never been united by blood or birth or soil. We are bound by principles that move us beyond our backgrounds, and lift us above our interests, and teach us what it means to be citizens. Every citizen must uphold these principles. And every new citizen, by embracing these ideals, makes our country more, not less, American.

As you begin to participate fully in our democracy, remember that what you do is as important as anything the government does. I ask you to serve your new nation, beginning with your neighbor. I ask you to be citizens building communities of service and a nation of character. Americans are generous and strong and decent not because we believe in ourselves, but because we hold beliefs beyond ourselves. When this spirit of citizenship is missing, no government program can replace it. When this spirit is present, no wrong can stand against it.

Welcome to the joy, responsibility, and freedom of American citizenship. God bless you, and God bless America.

Sincerely,
George W. Bush"

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That's awesome. I love the wording in that. Makes me proud to be an American!