Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cox Family

We received this Willow Tree gift set from our friends Bill and Nadine and the Girls. It is called "Sisters By Heart".
(This photo of the Coxes above was taken last summer, July 2007 ,while we visited each other on the Beach.)

I loved what Nadine wrote in her card to us:
"A friend on her blog compared adoption to a mobile-"
"Picture a mobile, floati
ng effortlessly. Now wrap one side and watch it careen out of balance. Over time, the motion slows and regains balance....it would be the same for our family."

Then Nadine also writes: "You sent your mobile spinning with the addition of Simone, but everyone found their place. Now it's spinning again, but soon it will settle back to balance, better than ever!!"

Very well put. I could of not described it better myself. When I called Nadine to thank her for the gift we had such a great talk about transitions, adjustments, following your gut and just knowing what your child needs and listening to that. It is so comforting to have someone who has/is going through some of the same issues as we are. I so appreciate her friendship, advice and wisdom.

We also received this one from John and Cheryl Laxson when we arrived home with Simone called "New Life."

My Mother in Law also gave me this one with the word "Hope" attached to it, which is one of Simone's middle names.

We are so thankful for their friendship and so happy to have them in ourlives.

We love you guys!!!
Lian, Jenna and Simone (These photos were also taken last summer.) We can't wait to get together again!! Until we meet again.

1 comment:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I do believe the 'Hope' figurine - that for each sold some money goes to the orphanages in China... I was reading the one 'Child of my Heart' is inspired by the artists' friend who adopted from China... at least that is what I heard that it means... I have the 'Child of my Heart' one...