Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Sophie Wei's Baby Shower

Here Rick, Simone and I at Sophie Wei's baby shower. (This shower was on Wed. May 28th, 2008. Due to how fast every thing went I was not able to post these photos or write about it until now or finish my way over due thank you notes until now...... This post is long over due, I just wanted to take the time to write down our memories from this day.)

Today was such a sad day and a great day. The reason why it was so sad was because we were told that our Adoption for Sophie Wei was on hold. It was pretty ruff to swallow because we were just getting ready to purchase our tickets and were only waiting for our Travel Approval to come in which should be here any day.

Actually today I felt like, was this adoption ever going to happen?!!?

Today was a great day because we were able to be with our friends and celebrate Sophie Wei! Our friends have been a big part of our journey, supporting us and always asking us how things have been going.

We are so thankful to have such great friends.

Today I had Sue, Jeni and Jessica C. asking me if I was sure we still wanted to have the shower today since we were put on hold and were pretty sad about it. They all went to great efforts to come check on me even though I was away all morning on a field trip with my fifth grade PE classes for their fifth grade all district track meet. Both Rick and I felt that we wanted it to continue so we could just be with friends as we felt that is what we really needed....In our heart of hearts we also felt like we wanted to celebrate Sophie Wei's upcoming adoption too and believe that the adoption would still take place.

Here are my friends that hosted the shower for us. From Left: Jessica C., Alona (and Alan who is not photoed), Me and Sue. The girls organized it. Also Alona and Alan opened up their beautiful home for us to have the shower there. Many other teacher friends that brought yummy food and desserts. Our friend Janet made our FAVORITE desserts which I thought was a very sweet idea.
My friend Kris.

Rick messing around with Simone. Simone choose to wear her orange pumpkin outfit to preschool today.
Here are the yummy desserts that Janet made for us all. One of my favorites is Cheescake and Chocolate. Rick also likes Chocolate and Cheesecake but his favorite is pinapple and coconut which Janet also made and there is a picture below of that one. Janet is an amazing baker and cook!!!

My friends Sherry and Jessica worked on these very cool favors. My flash was too bright so you can not see the monogram on the cute tag but it was SO ADORABLE and the chocolates are one of my favorites!!

Rick and Alan talking below.
Sherry holding baby Kingsley and Rachel.

Janet below snuggling with Simone.
Below from left: Kristi, Jeni, Cil and Janet snuggling Kingsley.Above from left: Rick, Sherry and Jean who is a teacher friend and Mom of two of my adorable students, Cameron and Katie.
Below: Opening many thoughtful gifts for Sophie Wei. Simone is into reading cards now.

Jill with her new baby boy Cody!!
Jessica P. and Mandy Above.From left above: Julie DV, Andrea L., Alan, and Julie M.

Above left: Susie, Kris, Jessica P and Mandy.

Below left: Jessica C., Lori, Alona, Arun, Jan. Jill and Cody on the couch.
Meaghan and Pat.
Simone is playing with the bottle piggy bank. Our friends at Prune Hill donated money to help Sophie Wei's orphanage. So sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Claire's Son Keegan.

Checking on what is going on in the kitchen.

Rick, Mike and Alan.

No comments: