Friday, August 22, 2008

The Good and The Bad

The Good.

Today Sophie Wei said to me for the first time, "I LOVE YOU MOMMY!" Yes, those three words, all by her self when I was dressing her in her bathroom this morning. I will never forget it.
Rick told me today that while I was at work she yelled at him and said, "I LOVE YOU DADDY". Ah, sweet moments.

The Bad.

Sophie Wei smashed her fingers in the door to our walk in closet. It was one of those things that just happened, a bad accident! Rick was standing right there but it happened too fast.

She smashed her two favorite fingers that she sucks on. So going down for her nap was sad. She kept saying, "OW, OWWWW!" It was even harder at night to put her to bed. It took me an hour and a half. We feel so bad and it is hard to see her hurting so much!!! She tried to suck on her other fingers but they did not work for her.....She still prefers those fingers even though the band aids are on there.